Thursday, July 16, 2009

I went French, will I ever go back?

I was served a bowl of vichyssoise two summers ago during summerlicious. The closest I had ever been to tasting chilled soup previous to that was pouring milk or fruit soda into the soups my Grandma made me everyday as a kid. Not surprisingly it didn't taste that well and I stopped soon after starting. The point is that chilled soup, is something different, away from the norm that I had associated with soups. I was able to share that experience when I made vichyssoise for my family last night. Even my sister had a bit, reluctantly.
Photobucket
There was nothing overly complicated with the preparation, but damn was there flavour. I let it sit in the fridge for two nights before serving, it really does get better with time.

*Big thanks to Jel, for providing me with a really amazing cookbook, I obtained the recipe to make this soup from it.

No comments: